Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Facebook Finding - Day 9 of 365

MEMORY -

I remember how up-to-date Uncle Peter was with the progress of technology.  He was always the one to inform our family about the latest creations from Apple.

This morning, I was unable to sleep so I started to roam around Facebook.  While on an aimless search for sleep, I spotted his picture icon in the "friends" box.  It was weird knowing that he wasn't going to be using his account anymore and no one seemed to cancel it.  If I were to message him, no response would be sent back.  I clicked on his picture .... did everything I could to keep from crying.  As his page opened, I found some wall conversations from 2008.  I remember being the one who introduce him to the Facebook app.  As I went through his pictures and messages, I began to cry.  Tears rolled down my face and onto my pillow.  Facebook ....  it was an organized way of communication that allowed for quick messages, on the spot chat and live news feed.  Everything he loved all rolled into one!  He simply loved it!

As I wiped away my tears of loneliness, I found myself feeling more and more distant from him.  A type of communication that I will never get to experience with him again.  Just as these feelings of sadness came rushing abroad, I found an old message posted to my wall shortly after he bought the Facebook app.  It was labeled Dec 30, 2008 @ 8:02pm from Peter DeLuca.  It stated .....  "Now you can never get away from me"  I smiled as I felt my body flushed with goosebumps.  I sat there trying to recall this message, but I couldn't remember reading this before.  I am sure it was written for the intent to be read Dec 30th, but I found it over a year later and made more impact tonight, than I am sure it was ever intended too.   The statement he wrote not only works in the earthly sense, but spiritual as well.  I felt like Uncle Pete sent me a little message of reassurance.  His spirit is more with me now than it ever was before.  It also comforts me to know that I now own the phone most of those messages were sent from.

APPLICATION -

I went onto his Facebook wall and posted "Loving you more and more each day" which was followed with my blog dedication link created in his honor.  I know he will never click the  "view message" button, but I'm confident his spirit felt my gesture of love.   I closed my eyes and said in my heart " Now YOU can never get away from ME" and smiled big.   I felt that my aimless search for sleep was coming to an end.

REFLECTION -

Just because our loved ones are not here in body, doesn't mean they are not with us in spirit.  While on earth, make it a point to look beyond the physical and into ones soul.  When the body has done it's job being a carrier of our spirit, the spirit will shed it's temporary home and begin a new life as it's new self.  It's how we will recognize each other without the familiarity of a humanly body once we are reunited in Heaven  (well that's at least my beliefs).  The better you know ones spirit now, the better you will be able to feel their presence when they pass.  Pete's spirit is very strong and is felt many times throughout my day.  I am fortunate to have been able to get to know his spirit while he was on earth,  I don't know what I would do if I didn't feel him day to day.  Just remember, Prayer is the telephone line to Heaven.  There are NO hidden costs and absolutely NO dropped calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment