Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pete Loves Raymond - Day 54 of 365

This blog is for Saturday, November 20th.  I got into the room past midnight and was unable to post it in time.  Enjoy!

MEMORY -

"Everybody Loves Raymond" was a show that the DeLuca's would watch weekly, on the air or off.  Over the years, the multi-colored DVD's found their way into our home and onto our T.V.  Dad and Pete related well to the show about two brothers growing up in a "everybody knows all" Italian home.  One, was the oldest and single (Robert/Uncle Pete) and the other being the youngest and married (Ray/Dad).  The mother in the show (Marie) was almost identical to their mother "Jackie" in looks and personality.   Mom always related with Deborah, raising a family around her husband's and the Father in the show had the same name as Pete and Tony's Dad, Frank.

Pete loved all the characters, as he would mention the good writing behind them all.

APPLICATION -

This evening in little Las Vegas, I sat in a intimate theater, full of  anticipation.  I had been waiting months for this moment, and it was finally here!  The opportunity to see Ray Romano perform LIVE!!!  He performed next too his good friend, Kevin James (known for his character "Doug" on King Of Queens, the other show our family loved)  They both had Erik and I in tears with their funny reflections about life.   I didn't want the surreal moment to end.  Two of my Uncle's favorite comedians together in one room, joking about family, kids, sex and Vegas.  As distant as I was from the stage, I felt closeness in Ray's humor.  As he spoke about his off screen life, it didn't seem much different from his on screen one.  As Ray concluded his last joke and walked off the stage,  I felt a heavy weighted emotion fall upon me and had Peter on my mind the rest of the evening.  


REFLECTION -


As I was saddened that Pete never had the opportunity to see Ray perform live, I was comforted to know he's in a place where a comedy hour isn't needed to brighten his spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment