Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gift Of Love - Day 62 of 365

MEMORY -

Our family Christmas Tree.  The carrier of MANY holiday memories.  As a child, I would lie underneath it, look through the branches and allow my mind to wander as lights and sparkle filled my sight.  Each bulb would flicker, as if they were trying to tell me something.  The garland would lie relaxed upon each branch while the ornaments would hang with honor.  The handmade ornaments came to life as the pictures from the past slowly rotated with ease.  I had my own little world nestled under that tree.  While admiring my universe of color, Pete would yell from the living room " I think there are some special packages that say "To Jenny, Love Uncle Pete"  Still laying on my back, I would tilt my head side to side searching for his packages.  I would find one, blow the fake snow off the top and hug it close to my body never wanting that moment of joy to end.

APPLICATION -

Looking up at Mom and Dad's gigantic 13 foot tree, I admired all of Mom's hard work.  The tree looked amazing.  I momentarily brought myself back to the child that got lost in the beauty so long ago.  I started pointing out my favorite ornaments, when mom pointed one out that held a picture of Pete.  I now have a new favorite!

REFLECTION -

   Witnessing Pete's passing taught me so much about the gift of love ..... a gift so grand, it can't come wrapped in pretty paper.  It was unwrapped one emotion at a time.  Second by second, Pete allowed us to see all that he was.  That in itself, is a gift I will never have to search side to side for. It will always be right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment