Friday, November 12, 2010

Language Lesson - Day 46 of 365

MEMORY -

It was a hot day in Florida.  Uncle Pete and I had just spent an entire day at Disney.  Before getting to the park's exit, we decided to take a seat and do some people watching.  A few weeks prior, I was learning some Italian from Pete and decided to start practicing aloud as tourists walked past.  In Italian, I began reciting the same sentence over and over " Why do you want me to speak Italian?"  I stood up to stretch my legs and kept reciting the Italian influenced sentence.  Finally, a tall man walked up to me and began speaking to me in Italian!!!!  I was mortified!  Pete jumped into the conversation and in Italian said " She is just practicing.  She doesn't know much, but she's beautiful"  The man shook his head walking away leaving Pete and I laughing hysterically.  Pete warned me " Jenny, you might not want to practice so loud, you never know who might respond"  I never did ask him what the man was telling me, but maybe it's best I didn't know!

APPLICATION -

Tonight I was hanging with some girlfriends.  One of them spoke beautiful fluent Italian.  I couldn't help myself but ask her to teach me a few words.  I then told her about my little incident at Disney.  We all shared a good laugh as our husbands hung on the side lines pretending not to know us.

REFLECTION -

Speak Italian only when spoken too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment