Monday, October 11, 2010

Honk Happy - Day 14 of 365

MEMORY -

Peter use to do the weirdest of things.  He was randomly funny all the time!  I remember him being in the car and honking the horn.  He wasn't honking to get the attention of poor drivers on the road, just honked because it felt good.  I would always crunch over in embarrassment, hiding my head between my legs.  He would laugh and yell "What??????, it's just a little honk, it makes me happy", then would repeat the honk again until I began to take pleasure in his moment of honking delight.

APPLICATION -

Today was spent having good times with good friends.  I was shocked when my friend, Alan began honking the horn in random sound patterns.  Short honks, long ones and then of course, the one that kept going thru about 2 traffic lights!  Alan said he was doing it because he was happy!  I instantly felt Pete's presence.  In honor of Pete, I cheered Alan on as he continued to show the world his moment of happiness.  

REFLECTION -

If you can honk at a car that states "Just Married" while giving a friendly wave of congrats, theres no reason why you can't celebrate your own marriage to happiness.  Next time you are in the car feeling a moment of pure joy, don't hesitate to get a little honk happy!

1 comment: