Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Snow Globe of Love - Day 29 of 365

MEMORY -


A snow trip!   In 2008, our family decided to take a magical vacation, one we will never forget.  We had the time of our lives in the life size snow globe I call Breckenridge.  Among the activities, food and shopping, we all found moments of pure bliss.  During that week we seemed to have everything we ever needed all at one point in time.  The feeling of joyousness that the holiday season brought to our door step.  The sense of security and comfort, sleeping in a sturdy log cabin that was surrounded by God's most beautiful creations.  The fun of tapping into each others inner child while playing in the snow.  Allowing as much time as needed to prepare home made meals to enjoy at our convenience.  The stillness that calmed our spirits as we would sit by the fire to keep warm.  The unforgettable rush of adrenaline that raced through our bodies while snow tubing. The feeling of surprise we experienced when Santa Clause greeted us next to a limo awaiting our arrival for a tour of the city.  The magic that filled our hearts the night we went on a real sleigh ride!


We had it all and Pete realized that more than anyone!  Peter seemed to be relishing in EVERY moment taking notice to how lucky we were all were to have this opportunity and experience it together.  I had NEVER seen Peter as happy as I did during that week.

I decided to take all the photos that were taken on that trip and display them in a rotating photo box, wrap it all up and give it to Pete for Christmas.  When received, he flipped through the individual albums that were set inside and sat in awe.  I could tell he was re-living those special moments one by one.  He kept the photo box next to his couch and looked through the pictures quite often.  He always told me that box of memories was the best gift received all year long.



APPLICATION -


The photo box now sits upstairs in my loft next to his couch.  The two kinda go together I guess.  I spent some time with the photos this evening.  I have never seen our family so content.  Something about our spirits seemed different that week.  Tonight as I look at our pictures .... I realize what it was ...... Love....... 100% Love. 



REFLECTION -


My definition of Breckenridge 2008 ............  A snow globe of love.

In just a few words, capture your most memorable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment