Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Teaching From A Distance - Day 23 of 365

MEMORY -

Marcus Aurelius, Uncle Pete's favorite Philosopher.  I never spoke to Pete about his books, but I know he was a BIG fan of his meditations.  He had collections of his books all throughout his personal library.  After Peter passed, I took a few of those books and added them to mine.

APPLICATION -

Today, I felt the need to crack open one of his books and randomly read the first paragraph I set eyes on.  The book seemed to open itself as a page with a bent in corner turned and set flat.  Having a day full of challenges, I needed some inspiration and reassurance, it seemed I had come to just the right page at just the right time.

It Stated:

" I learned self-government, and not to be led aside by anything; and cheerfulness in all circumstances, as well as in illness; and a just admixture in the moral character of sweetness and dignity, and do what was set before me without complaining."

REFLECTION -

They were the EXACT words I needed to hear, especially on this day!  Pete's spirit doesn't fail to surprise me.  In one way or another, he finds a way to be here for me and continues to teach me from a distance, comforting me at times when comfort is most needed.  Today was definitely one of those days, and he came through, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment