Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicago Pete - Day 20 of 365

MEMORY -

Being the member in the family who lived the longest in Chicago, Pete was the one to give us all the stories of the "Windy City".  From his first management position at a local bookstore to the good Italian restaurants in the area.  He brought back old Chicago memories during the holidays, after dinner or over coffee.  I loved to hear all of his stories, especially the ones he told specifically about my baby years.  Leaving Chicago when I was 3 didn't leave much too memory, but having someone you love share the memories THEY remember of you is just as awesome!

APPLICATION -

Today, Mom brought me out for an early birthday surprise.  A day with her alone is always a delight, our work schedules always collide.  She took me to "Hot Dog Heaven" which specializes in REAL Chicago Hot Dogs!   I had never been there before, so I didn't know what to expect.  Before we arrived to the over sized, roof top hot dog, she told me "Pete loved this place".  As soon as I walked in, I felt Pete everywhere.  This place was a true Chicago hot dog joint, one that Peter couldn't get enough of.    It's rare in Orlando to have any sort of up north food finds so this was a real treat!   The food was sinfully amazing!  Mom shared stories of Pete while we fed our faces silly with the best hot dogs and the tamales around.

REFLECTION -

I realized Pete was in Heaven, just didn't know it had Hot Dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment