Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Intrigued By Incense - Day 30 of 365

MEMORY -

It was a cylinder of shiny silver metal.  The cut out designs that were set throughout, intricately released the scent of soft vanilla into the air.  Pete's incense burner caught my eye upon every visit.   It gave off a relaxing aroma that seemed to fill his room with meditative energy.   I would always comment on the beauty it held.  It was so unusually different, something about it spoke to me.

APPLICATION -

Today I took some time to meditate on the past month since I started this blog.  It has really changed my perspective on life.  I simply have allowed life to happen.

During this time of meditation, I decided to use Uncle Pete's burner.  I watched as the incense danced it's way into the air.  I studied the gray colored shapes that had left the burner.  Found myself getting lost in the movement of the scented smoke feeling my mind getting quieter and quieter.

REFLECTION -

Meditation is unattainable when our minds are racing with thoughts.  Today the incense was my tool to silence my thoughts and open my heart.  It worked beautifully as I am sure Pete would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment