Sunday, November 14, 2010

"I Miss My Jenny" - Day 47 of 365

  *******  Unfortunately, I didn't have WiFi Connection in my hotel Saturday night, this post is for 11/13/2010

MEMORY - 

Missing many weekends with my family while I was on the road for business.  I remember having to call Uncle Pete and remind him I wouldn't be around for his Sunday night dinner.  His voice would quickly sadden and become distant.  I could sense his disappointment as he would follow with "This is crazy, must you be gone every weekend?  I miss my Jenny."


APPLICATION - 

Throughout my day, I found myself REALLY missing Pete!  I would give anything to call him and say " I finished work early, catching the next flight out to make it in time for dinner!"  


REFLECTION - 

The demands of a career naturally take up time with family and friends.  After Pete made that comment, I notice I needed to make a change in my schedule…… Pete was a BIG part in the shift that was so greatly needed in my life.   When I'm not working, I'm spending quality time with family and on some occasions, even serve Uncle Pete's Sunday night dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment