Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Proud Uncle, Happy Niece - Day 51 of 365

MEMORY -

Pete showed a particular interest in my love for scrap booking.  He would feed my addiction by gifting me scrapbook supplies.  Many times, he would want to see the finished product in which his supplies were used.  Always in awe,  he seemed amazed with my artistic skill.  I loved to impress Pete.  A proud uncle made for a happy niece.

APPLICATION -

This afternoon, while sitting in a flurry of glitter working on a blessing bouquet project , I took notice to a few scrapbook supplies Pete had bought me a few years back.  I sat and wondered what Pete would have thought of my latest paper creations.

REFLECTION -

I find that it's in times like these, Pete being gone ........  it really hurts.   I miss him the most when I want to share something new in my life, things begin to change or when new things are added.  Most of all, I miss hearing him tell me how proud he was.   Even if it was "just because" ......  Pete telling me he was proud, illuminated a feeling in me that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment