Monday, November 22, 2010

Sanrio Stop - Day 55 of 365

Again, I didn't make it before midnight last night.  This post is for Sunday November 21. Enjoy!

MEMORY -

On our many shopping trips to the mall, Uncle Pete would be sure to stop at the Sanrio Gift Shop.  It was my favorite store to visit!  The tiny scented erasers, the interactive pencil boxes, adorable stationary and hello kitty accessories were a little girls delight.  On rare occasion, if I didn't want to go, Pete would question  "No Sanrio for you?  No Hello Kitty?" I'de stand there in thought pondering the words that came out of his mouth.  I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the store.  Even if it was just a pack of bubble gum, Pete made it HIS mall tradition to stop and get me a Sanrio gift every trip we made.

APPLICATION -

Walking the streets of Las Vegas, I caught sight of a door sign that stated "JENNY" in a whimsical font.  It was two toned pink and had Hello Kitty's character at the bottom right hand corner.  Pete was one of the few people to call me Jenny ...... I felt as if the sign was made just for me!

REFLECTION -

You never know when life will present you with gems from your youth. Your inner child never fades away, nor should it have too.  Keep those memories alive.   Take a moment, relive and reflect.  Your inner child will Thank You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment