Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friend-ly Introduction - Day 80 of 365

MEMORY -

Everyone who was apart of me, was a part of my family.  They knew my Uncle and the joy he brought to our hearts.  I looked forward to introducing my closest of friends to him, he loved to see what company I kept!  Some were crazy and loud, some were quiet and studious ...... didn't matter to him, if they were a friend of mine, they were a friend of his.

APPLICATION -

In the midst of a good conversation with a close friend, I realized this person never had the chance to meet Uncle Pete.  It saddened me to know that there would be people in my life who would never get the chance to meet Peter.  He was just one of those people who you thought the whole world should be acquainted with.  The world would be a better place if there were more Peter DeLuca's.

My heart was put to ease when my friend said "It's through you I get to meet him.  Although I haven't met him personally, I feel I already know so much about him"

REFLECTION -

I'm fortunate to have someone in my life who reminds me that Uncle Pete lives from within.  He's in my soul and therefore remains alive and present for all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment